6.03.2010

Ready to GO

We received our intel briefing this morning. And then we reviewed our personal information to ensure we could remember it should we get shot down and CSAR (Combat Search and Rescue) has to come and get us. They "authenticate" us based on information we provide in these reports. If Spec Ops (Special Operations, i.e. SEALS or Rangers etc.) can't authenticate you they have to assume your dangerous and I don't want those guys unleashing pain and suffering on me because I forgot my own information. We also memorize comm procedures so that we can communicate with CSAR to help them locate us. Our evasion charts and blood chits are ready and in a kit that we would have if we went down so that we can navigate, have information about the local geography, climate, and food and water sources; we would also have tools at our disposal to be able to enlist help from the locals to get us out of Dodge and back to the "friendlies" safely!! Plenty of water and MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat).

Life support equipment....check! Intel/CSAR info reviewed.....check! Plane preflighted and gassed....check! Mustache.....Check!!! Mustache? Say What?!!? That's right. I have my deployment mustache growing nicely:) I haven't had one since I was a teenager so most people at the squadron are doing a double take. I'll wear it until the night I return home. Then I'll shave it so I can get close to my sweetie (make no mistake, I won't even get close with that thing on my face:)

I'll keep in touch as often as possible. I tried out my Ipod Nano video camera and it works like a charm with my earbud/microphones. I'll be able to record video as well as radio chatter. I just have to figure out a good way to attach it to my helmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment